Apply Online for this Job Today
Reporting to the Supervisor and working in a dedicated team of Technical Publication professionals, the successful candidate will prepare electronic files for reproduction, file management and digital output using various software applications. They will also support internal and external customer items related to the formatting and publishing of technical documentation and will also be responsible to provide appropriate feedback to partners/vendors/suppliers in a timely manner.
In your role, you will:
- Research, plan, write and revise technical maintenance, flight or operational data using engineering and approved data from multiple sources, while ensuring adherence to schedule;
- Identifies and implements process and product improvements in line with the Strategic plan;
- Plan, perform and document on-aircraft / simulator procedural validations per departmental standards/guidelines, recommending and implementing best use of resources.
- Ensure customer and operator requests and issues are analyzed and satisfactorily responded to the originator;
- Coordinate and define publications book plan with internal and external suppliers;
- Define standards and requirements for creation, and for distribution of documentation in an electronic format specification (e.g. S1000D, ATA etc…)
- Identify, evaluate and define the action plans and schedules to minimize risks to completion of the publications according;
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a college diploma (DEC) in aerospace or equivalent field or a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in Technical Publications;
- You have strong communication skills (written and spoken);
- You are proficient with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP (an asset);
- You have a detailed understanding of Technical Publications processes and technologies (an asset);
- You have basic understanding of S1000D and ATA specifications (an asset);
- You have good knowledge of HTML, SGML and XML authoring languages (an asset);
- You have experience in product development (an asset);
- You have experience in defining a troubleshooting methodology in a high technology environment;
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
Mechanic: components related to main aircraft systems such as ventilation, oxygen, hydraulics, drinking water, etc.
Avionic: components and major aircraft systems such as communication system, navigation, etc.
Electrical: components of wirings and harnesses installation
Propulsion: components of systems such as powerplant, nacelle integrations, engine controls, auxiliary Power Unit (APU) , etc.
Structure: assembly components of the skeleton of the aircraft
Parts catalog; parts catalog related to main aircraft systems and sub-systems
Troubleshooting; aircraft fault finding and troubleshooting methodology including strong system description knowledge base.
Required Skills for Technical Writer Job:
Joignez-vous à Aerotek Aviation. Nous sommes spécialisés dans le placement de mécaniciens, techniciens et de personnel de soutien technique spécialisé dans l'industrie de l'aéronautique. Nous recherchons constamment des professionnels qualifiés à placer dans des postes contractuels, contractuels à permanent et permanents partout en Amérique du Nord. Aerotek aviation offre tous les outils dont vous avez besoin pour atteindre vos objectifs à long terme notamment : la formation, les options d'embauche flexibles, des équipes de conseillers en recrutement dévouées et engagées à vous trouver l’opportunité idéale. Ne mettez pas votre carrière entre les mains de n'importe qui, mais bien dans celles d'un spécialiste. Rejoignez l'équipe d'Aerotek aviation. Aerotek SRI est une filiale d'Aerotek, Inc
Join Aerotek Aviation®. We specialize in placing mechanics, technicians, engineering field support and specialized personnel in the aviation industry. We are constantly on the lookout for qualified professionals to place in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent placement positions across North America. From customized training and flexible hiring options to dedicated teams of recruiters working to find you the right opportunity, Aerotek Aviation offers all the tools you need to achieve your long-term career goals. Don't put your career in the hands of just anyone. Put it in the hands of a specialist. Join the Aerotek Aviation team!
Aerotek ULC is a subsidiary of Aerotek, Inc..