The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 844 895-8598 or email email@example.com. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
A & P Mechanic
Apply Online for this Job Today
Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience to be considered. Candidates should have PT 6 and Turbine engine experience, General Aviation experience, Composite and Sheet Metal experience. I.A. would be a plus, but is not required. This is a direct placement position with a relocation package available for candidates that qualify.
The Aircraft Technician, under the direction of the Director of Maintenance, repairs and maintains aircraft and engines. The Aircraft Technician also performs other duties, as required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Correcting aircraft/engine discrepancies noted during scheduled inspections and after flight
- Installing and removing aircraft engines
- Performing hot section inspections in accordance with operations specifications and repair station manuals
- Towing aircraft, when required
- Complying with inspection requirements outlined in the company's Repair Station Manual and 135 Operations Manual
- Building up and tearing down engines during engine maintenance
- Refueling, refueling, oxygen servicing, and replenishment of aircraft systems
- Cleaning and controlling corrosion on aircraft
- Complying with company ground safety policies and procedures
- Completing paperwork required to meet FAA, safety, and billing requirements
- Responding to weekend pages within 20 minutes (weekend assignments are scheduled on a rotational basis)
- Performing other duties assigned by DOM as required
- High School education, or equivalent
- Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant License
Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Able to bend, lift and kneel to complete job
- Must test negative for Pre-Employment and Quarterly DOT Drug and Alcohol tests
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to work independently and execute projects with limited supervision
Required Skills for A & P Mechanic Job:
- A & P MECHANIC-UNCATEGORIZED
- SHEET METAL REPAIR
- COMPOSITES AEROSPACE
Aerotek, headquartered in Hanover, Md., is a leading provider of technical, professional and industrial staffing services. Established in 1983, Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, the largest provider of staffing services in the U.S. Aerotek operates a network of more than 200 non-franchised offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. For more information, visit Aerotek.com.